Wednesday 15 October 2014

http://www.glaad.org/spiritday

GO PURPLE TOMORROW AND STOP BULLYING!!

Thursday October 16, 2014 is #SpiritDay. Take a stand against bullying, wear purple, encourage those around you to wear purple.  Millions of people across the world will wear purple to show their support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) youth.  I was surprised to learn today this annual event has been around since 2010 but I only remember hearing about last year.  I fully support this movement and can only hope those around me do as well.  

As someone who was bullied often through elementary school and high school, I know the damage bullying can have on a child.  I still deal with the issues now, as an adult.  It affects how I deal with people, how much trust I have in people and why I put up severe walls when I first meet people.  I have been to the darkest place of wanting to put an end to it (numerous times) and have been brought back from the brink because of a few strong friendships and connections with those who cared about me.  We can all agree none of us want to see our children, cousins, family and friends deal with bullying on a daily basis.  Let's try to put a stop to this already! 

It is great to see the sports world support #SpiritDay as well.  NBA, MLB, WWE, MLS and others have supported this day for many years and continue to do so.

Visit www.glaad.org/spiritday for more information.  They even have a cool app that will change your twitter and facebook profile pics purple tomorrow to show your support.

GO PURPLE TOMORROW EVERYONE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment